The 4th KGK Space Resources Conference will be held on October 13-14, 2021.
The conference will be held in a hybrid mode, with the main sessions taking place at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow – U2 building.
Some of the presentations will be held remotely via video conferencing on the ClickMeeting platform. Additionally, the entire event will be streamed live on the Internet.
This year the lectures are divided into 4 thematic sections, which are characterized as follows:
Mechatronic Engineering. The aim of the session is to present the technological, design and material challenges posed by space mining to devices used for space transportation and exploration.
Planetology. This session is devoted to the mining and geological aspects of extracting raw materials from objects in space: planets, moons, asteroids, comets, etc. , as well as analyzing potential mining sites, identifying minerals and estimating possible profits from resource exploitation. The topics are also related to the requirements for the construction of mining installations outside the ground and methods for processing the extracted materials.
Man, Law and Economics. This session explores the economics of space mining, the property and legal dilemmas and international regulations surrounding the extraction and exploitation of resources beyond Earth, and the impact such activities could have on the global economy.
Student Session. The student session focuses on presenting student space projects and its main objective is to promote the idea of space exploration among young people who are choosing their career paths.
WE INVITE YOU TO GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE DETAILED SCHEDULE !
Registration for participants – ongoing.
Participants have the opportunity to choose between two options:
– full participation – with conference fee – including conference package and meal,
– participation – no conference fee – no meal and no package.
- The number of conference places for listeners is limited.
- The order of applications decides about participation in the Conference.
- Please send the confirmation of the transfer to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Participation in the Conference is payable. The fee for students, PhD students and high school students is PLN 50, for AGH UST employees PLN 250, for student association (minimum 5 people) – PLN 30 and for other people – PLN 500.
- The organizing committee requires a valid student or school ID from all persons who make a payment of PLN 50.
- The ticket price includes the conference package and lunch.
- Speakers are exempt from the participation fee.
Online participation in the Conference is free.
The purpose of this session is to take up the technological, construction and material challenges posed by the development of space mining equipment and the devices used for space transport and exploration.
This session is based on mining and geological aspects of resource acquisition from objects located in space (planets, planetoids, asteroids etc.), as well as the analysis of potential mining sites, identification of minerals and evaluation of possible profits from exploitation. It is also related to the requirements for the construction of extraterrestrial mining installations and the methods of processing the acquired materials.
Human, Law and Economy
The Law and Economics Session is devoted to the analysis of economic problems related to space mining, property and legal dilemmas as well as international regulations regarding the acquisition and exploitation of resources outside Earth, while discussing the impact that such actions could have on the global economy. This session also covers all biology and medicine related subjects.
The student session focuses on presenting student space projects and its main objective is to promote the idea of space exploration among young people who are choosing their career paths.